Monday, December 3, 2012

This Week-December 3-8

Please note Wednesday is a half day of school for students.  They will dismiss at 11:30

Please continue to turn in forms and payment for the Indiana Dunes field trip in January

Science Fair is December 13, 2012.  Please refer to the orange sheet that went home Friday in regards to how the fair will be conducted this year.

Science Fair boards are delivered and students should have them in their possession.

The written projects look fantastic.  You all did some fabulous work and I am proud of your dedication.  Let this carry over to all of your classes.

On Friday, we will have a speaker for Global Studies class in the gym to end the day.  We will discuss questions this week in class.

Humanities
  • Collect comparison questions on Egypt: Past and Present
  • We will engage in Review Baseball for questions on exam
  • Exam will be on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Science
  • We will work on Science Fair boards in class on Wednesday, December 5, 2012
  • On Thursday and Friday we will start a new lab comparing composition of soil

As always, please post comments if you have questions or need some help.  That is what I am here for, to make sure you are successful. 

Mr. Parsons

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Parsons,
    I was commenting today to tell you that I had forgotten to stop by your room to get my pink and black science fair board today. I was hoping this would't be an issue and if it is can you please email me at gabbygogo2000@yahoo.com. I will get my board tomorrow and turn it in on 12/5/12. Thank you so much!
    Gabrielle Giamarusti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabby,
      I have your board with your name on it in the classroom. You can grab it tomorrow after school and work on it at home. We will also be working on them in class on Wednesday and you can use the computers for printing. I will have tape and glue to use as well.

      Thanks,

      Mr. Parsons

      Delete
  2. I didn't get the orange paper, so does Johnny, Nebeb, and Jessica T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange sheet described how the Science Fair would work. We will be taking the best 5 boards in each class, for a total of 15 from the 6th grade and those will go on to the Science Fair in the gym. Those 15 will be narrowed down to 1 that will go on to the citywide fair. That person will need to do a few additional things, but I will assist them with the project.

      Delete